Significance of Schnorr's "Factoring Integers in Polynomial Time"?
Francois Grieu
2009-05-09 14:21:45 UTC
Hello,

at the rump session of Eurocrypt 2009,
http://eurocrypt2009rump.cr.yp.to/
Claus P. Schnorr reportedly presented slides
titled "Average Time Fast SVP and CVP Algorithms:
Factoring Integers in Polynomial Time"
http://eurocrypt2009rump.cr.yp.to/e074d37e10ad1ad227200ea7ba36cf73.pdf

I hardly understand 1/4 of the mathematical notation
used, and can't even distinguish the thing from a
(very well done) prank.

Anyone dare risk a comment?

Francois Grieu
coderman
2009-05-11 11:05:45 UTC
Factoring Integers in Polynomial Time"http://eurocrypt2009rump.cr.yp.to/e=
074d37e10ad1ad227200ea7ba36cf73.pdf

at first glance this appears to be a discussion of the work presented
by the same author in http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~vidick/JoMC08.pdf

it is not clear to me either just how much of a practical impact the
improved NEW ENUM / heuristic variant of AKS will be.
Francois Grieu
2009-05-14 12:12:54 UTC
Post by coderman
at first glance this appears to be a discussion of the work presented
by the same author in http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~vidick/JoMC08.pdf
How can Claus Schnorr and Thomas Vidick be "the same author"?

Francois Grieu